Wednesday, October 20, 2010

We love to fly and it shows!!

This morning, after crashing at a friends house in Charlotte (stacey "the amazing" backstrom) I jump on a plane and headed to boston for the big results. The people at Dr. Fays office really are a great group. When I arrived I immediately got the general work-up with a new resident and then sat waiting anxiously for the man of the hour to walk in. When he walked in he was his normal self asking questions like "how does it look?" when really he is the only one who will be able to tell. He goes on to tell me that  the spacing between the eye and lid (fornix) looked really good. However the silicone that he sutured to my eyelid never slid out but instead sank back into my eye. The pain to remove it would be to much so he will need to put me under local anesthesia to take it out.  Mixed emotions were flooding around inside of me for sure but this was neither good news nor bad news just news. Dr Fay in his own way referenced his response from the letter. He talked about how he knows I am looking for answers and he is still determined to give it his best shot. It was very comforting to hear those words to say the least.

     So its off to the surgical coordinators office to schedule yet another procedure. I knew that there were going to be a couple more operations done but since I have hit my out-of-pocket deductible I was hoping to get in as many procedures before the end of the year as I could.  After talking with my favorite surgical coordinator she snuck me in a spot next thursday! She said "they might not be happy about it but you are one of my favorites and the real next available is in December!" So for me its back to booking flights and building up those sky miles!!!

                                                      Made it to Boston in a single bound

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I hate that you have to have another surgery. I hope that it goes well and that you are getting closer and closer to having your eye fixed :) We still have to get together for a football game

    ReplyDelete