Saturday, August 28, 2010

Up to speed with my eye

As you all know I have been living with pain in my eye for the last 18 years of my life. After moving to Augusta 2 1/2 years ago my eye has increased in pain and irritation.  My famous "blue refresh eye drops" that I am sure you all have either in your car, house or some other random place started to no longer work. I have decided that this is the year to put an end to it all.  Six months ago a good friend of mine Erin Schmidt assisted me in finding a doctor in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr Aaron Fay has quite an extensive background working with people with my same situation! check it out!
Medical SchoolColumbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
ResidencyColumbia University, Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute
FellowshipHarvard Medical School, Mass Eye and Ear (Ophthalmic Pathology)
FellowshipHarvard Medical School, Mass. Eye and Ear (Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery)
Teaching AffiliationAssistant Professor in Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School
Biographical Profile:

Clinical Interests

Clinical Interests: Periocular vascular tumors, tear duct surgery, eye socket and orbital tumors, eyelid reconstruction, hemangioma, lymphatic and vascular malformations
After contacting the doctor the it was time to collect all of my records from my past and get in to see him. This would have been a very tedious and frustrating process without the help of Lauren Brown. At the time, Lauren was working in a clinic where she was able to get in touch with doctors nurses and collect records that I would have otherwise never been able to do. Once everything was in place it was time to take the next step and head up to Boston. 

1 comment: