Saturday, August 28, 2010

Off to Boston!!!

The time was set and now it was just a matter of making it up to Boston to visit Dr. Fay. I ended up deciding to make a road trip out of it and along with me came Maggie. She is a great friend and ended up being a pretty darn good back-up driver for the trip. After visiting a couple of friends along the way up we had finally made it to Boston. We got there a day early so we ended up staying at the La Meridian in downtown Boston thanks to the generosity of Mike Statham and Family! The morning came early and I was nervous and excited find out what could be done. At this point I would have not even minded enucleation as long as it would remove the pain. After waiting hours upon hours as usual in a doctors office and after meeting with a tech, aid, resident, nurse and fellow, I finally had the opportunity to meet with Dr Fay. Within ten minutes a plan had been developed to relieve the pain and possibly restore the pain. I had now been given hope that I could soon live a life without constant irritation. The return trip was full of joy as well. I was able to visit my Aunt in New York, spend quality time with my Grandmother in Maryland, see my cousins new beautiful dentistry office and do some crabbing and sailing with Uncle Em and Aunt Linda! Things could not have gone much better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment