Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Next Surgery

Hey everyone!!! I know it has been awhile since my last post but there has not been a lot to report about. The last surgery went well and the fat took, which is great news. However that darn scar tissue started to fuse to the fat which causes yet another setback. Dr Murphy believes in letting things settle for six months after each surgery before doing the next procedure. Well its been six months and the time has come for my next surgery. This Thursday September 29 the doctor will be going in and lining the socket with an amniotic membrane. All this will be done in hopes that it will prevent the scar tissue from fusing to the fat so then we can go back to focus on filling the orbit with more volume so that a prosthetic will fit appropriately.

The doctor is saying that this is a very important surgery and for the first time I am getting a little nervous about it. If all goes well then they will be able to continue forward progress towards providing me with a fake eye. However, if it does not work then they really cant move forward anymore and I may never get a prosthetic. To be honest I am getting tired of wearing this patch and I just want to be able to move on with life and not have to worry about paying for more and more surgeries but I guess its not really up to me. I know many of you have been praying for me over the last year and I am asking you to continue to do this. Thursday is going to be a big day and I am just going to have to leave it in hands of the skilled surgeons and ask God to guide those hands through a successful procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment