Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A World of Difference

Brent Murphy, MD - oculofacial plastic surgeon in atlanta
Dr. Murphy

On Thursday April 14, 2011 (after fixing my flat tire on the side of I-20) I drove to the Oculous Plastic surgery center in Atlanta, this time with my mother! I already had medication in my system to help me relax and to control bruising thanks to the amazing staff who called in all the prescriptions BEFORE the surgery. This had never been done in Boston but having one less thing to worry about after surgery makes a world of difference. Upon arriving they took me back and started me on my IV just as I had anticipated. Then came in the doctor (I almost never saw Dr Fay before a surgery, or afterwards for that matter). He talked about how there was going to be less pain than last time and explained the procedure once more. He took the time to answer all of my questions which to me made a world of difference. Next in was the anesthesiologist. I mentioned to her that I had a rough go-around last time when I came to and she said she would be with me the whole time and make sure I was comfortable, and thats she did! She started me off with a cocktail and then slipped me into a deep sleep. This was nothing like Boston where I felt I was in a processing plant in which they would just slap a nausea patch on you and send you on  your way but it felt very individualized which makes a world of difference. Upon waking up I was in zero pain and felt no nausea whatsoever. I couldn't believe they had really just done surgery on my eye. The doctor had informed my mother that they had to remove more scaring then expected which would probably cause a lot more pain when I woke up, but boy was he wrong! Anyway, recovery was a breeze with my family right there and before I knew it my sweet niece Evelyn was bringing me chic-fil-a fries! I am now back at work still with no pain. I will head back to Atlanta for Easter then the follow-up will be on Monday. We will see what he says. Thank you all for your continued love and support and I will keep you updated.  :)


     

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I am so glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete