Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Round Three

Can I start off talking about something other than my eye for a quick second? Last week I had an amazing opportunity to assist in teaching 150 wounded warriors from the US and Great Britain how to ski down a mountain no matter the disability. It truly was a miracle on a mountain side! The spirits of these young men were not broken but instead they soared 12,000 feet high in the form of skiers and snowboarders.
I was able to teach Jake to ski better on his one leg then I could on two!!!
After an amazing week in Breckenridge, CO I flew to Boston for a follow-up with Dr Fay. Early Monday morning, before the coffee started brewing and the computers started running I waited for him in a semi-lit waiting room. As I was waited and waited, the once fresh coffee became cold, all the computers were now running at full speed, the lights now illuminated every corner of the room, and voices from the other patients filled the room and yet still no Dr Fay. Eventually one of his fellows came to get me and explained to me Dr Fay got pulled away and was unable to see me today. Just the news I was expecting to here... hahaha not really. However she did go on to tell me that surgery had already been planned for the 12:00 the next day. You see, I am beginning to think that Dr Fay has well surpassed the stage of being a human and is now super human. His ability to know what to do without even seeing my eye in the last 2 months is beyond amazing.

Headed under the knife again!!!
The next morning, I rolled off Jenn Morrells couch and headed to Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. As I arrived, the familiar faces started to appear. There was Joan sitting at the front desk being her typical happy self, immediately making me feel at home. As they called me back there were yet more familiar faces  smiling and welcoming me. Marianne and I were able to get caught up a little on life before the twelve members of the Fay Crew started rolling in. Each looking at my chart but not saying much.  Once I had been rolled into the OR it was then that I was finally able to "talk" to him.  I put talk in quotes only because I had about two minutes before everything he was saying would become a big blur. I stopped him mid sentence and said "you know what, I am headed to bed but I will talk to you later" and out I went. Upon waking up the familiar faces were back. Two of the kindest nurses where there assisting me as I awoke from my slumber. Fresh perocet, apple juice, and crackers where there waiting for me. I must say its not always easy going into surgery by myself but when I know there are prayers out there and amazing people inside it comforts me more than you will know.
The two angels Sylvia and Katie

So it turns out that some scar tissue near the lacrimal sac started to slip from under the lid and needed to be removed as well as separated from the eyelid. This should be the final separating process to take place under the knife. Dr Fay also took out the symblepharon ring and put in a full large contact lens that will provide more spacing and less of a chance for anything to slip or stick again. I will head back up for the follow-up in a couple weeks. He wants to keep the eye sown shut a little longer than normal for more healing time. I would go ahead and state what the next step might be but I am not even going to guess. Its all in the hands of the Big Cheese and the Even Bigger Cheese!!!

 


3 comments:

  1. rico your right many prayers went out yesterday for a steady hand and Gods guidance for the doc. and quick healing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything is going well. What an awesome experience you had in Breckenridge! I'll continue to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete